style peek is my latest project.
i am honored to have my dear friend deise featured on the first edition of the series.
1. What are your favorite places to shop?
Consignment stores, Loehmann’s, Zara, Nordstrom.
2. Are you a shoe girl, a clothes girls, or an accessories girl?
Clothes all the way.
3. Who are your fashion icons?
I love Valentino, his pieces are very romantic and he is my favorite designer. I am also inspired by Kate Moss, Olivia Palermo, and Audrey Hepburn.
4. Where do you find your fashion inspiration?
I love observing people. I am also inspired by magazines, movies, art blogs, Pinterest, Lookbook, Garance Doré, and The Sartorialist.
5. Define your style
Bohemian chic pretty much sums it up.
6. Tell me the best story you have about something you purchased.
I don’t drink coffee so I am very sensitive to caffeine. One time I was in NYC with Gil and we had just shot a wedding the day before. We were exhausted but wanted to spend the day shopping in the city. Gil decided it would be a good idea to take a 5 hour energy to give us a boost for all the walking we had to do. Well, let’s just say I was shaking. I literally got high on the stuff and couldn’t control myself and started buying everything in sight. We were at the Soho H&M and I pretty much cleaned their sales rack. Gil was cracking up the whole time.
7. If you could choose 3 items from your closet to take to a deserted island what would they be?
Betsy Johnson lace dress, white leather jacket, beige lace and tulle dress.